Classique

Thursday, February 3, 2011

It's Time to Begin!

Well it’s time, but where do I begin??? I guess I’ll start with what has me here writing today. This first post might be lengthy, but please read on and bear with me as I share my heart with you.

Recently a childhood friend of mine experienced the very tragic loss of her husband. It was tragedy that we in our humanness cannot begin to understand and can’t wrap our brains around! I never had the privilege of meeting this amazing man of God, yet, everything I have read before and after his going home to be the Lord, has been incredibly inspiring. He leaves behind a beautiful wife, who is an amazing reflection of God’s beauty & grace and two precious children! He was a pastor that gave his daily life to serving his Savior with great passion! His wife is still touching lives every second of every day with the strength of her faith and the testimony of her life! Again, this is one of those tragedies that is beyond understanding, but for those of us who are held in our heavenly Father’s hand, we have the assurance that He not only understands but has an amazing plan for us!

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11

So, what does this have to do with why I am writing today? For many years now, I have felt the call on my life to write. I can not even begin to express how inadequate I feel to write anything to anyone, but I do know that it is a calling from my Lord. I am writing because my Father does have a plan for me and it is He that I need to trust to write through me.

“I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service.” 1 Timothy 1:21

The death of my friend’s husband was a really big wake up call to me. No matter how we live our lives, no matter what we give, or what we believe; we ALL will one day pass from this earth. No one has the promise of one more minute. In Hebrews 9:27 the Bible says “And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.” Only the Lord knows our last breath. My life is His and for His service but just because I live a life devoted to serving, worshiping and honoring Him, doesn’t mean I am going to live to a ripe old age. So, for years I have felt this call on my life to write – what have I been waiting on? Maybe I’ve been waiting on more confidence, more knowledge, and more life experience – maybe? But, who am I to think that the Almighty God can not work through me and my lacking? He, who calls me, will equip me!!!

It’s almost comical that of all people, I am waiting on more life experiences! God has allowed me to travel a very interesting path. I have climbed many mountain peaks and walked through many valleys in my almost (Yes, I’m clinging to the last few months :-) 40 years of life. I can tell you one thing for sure; the Lord has been with me every single step of the way! I’ve been blessed beyond my wildest dreams and have faced some very dark days. He HAS given me a testimony and this IS the time to walk in obedience and open my heart & life through writing. So - - now IS THE TIME TO BEGIN!

So, begins my blog! I have written here and there but never really shared much! I can tell you that I still feel so inadequate and will be facing my insecurities head on, but I will walk in His grace and share my heart. I’m not sure how often or what I will be sharing, but as I begin on this journey, I invite you to walk with me. His faithfulness in my life is really mind blowing!!! The Lord has given me a pretty amazing story and it’s time to share it! So here we go…………we’ll see where it leads!

Anyone who has known me for any length of time, knows my favorite verse:

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10

I claim this verse, pray this verse and share this verse all the time! To think that the one and only mighty God and creator of the universe holds me in His righteous right hand is mind boggling!!!! He is with me at all times! He is with you at all times! He has held me through the good and the bad! He has held me in the happy and the sad! He says “do not fear” for He is with me! Me – really me, with all my inabilities & insecurities – He loves me enough to hold me in His hand! WOW!

I have been quite long winded with this “explanation”, so thank you for reading on! I couldn’t begin to share my heart and story with you though, if I didn’t share first the core of who I am! My core is Jesus Christ! I am the person I am today because of His great love, grace and mercy in my life!

Do you KNOW, and I mean really KNOW, that God almighty, the King of Kings, the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End of everything; created YOU in His own image! He KNOWS the number of hairs on your head! He KNOWS your innermost thoughts and dreams! He KNOWS your joys and your sorrows! He KNOWS what you are dealing with or facing today and even better yet – He LOVES you and CARES!

HE KNOWS YOU!!!!! - - - - - - - - - - - - DO YOU KNOW HIM?

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16

He gave His son for you and for me, so that we can have eternal life in paradise with Him! There is no way but through Christ to get to heaven! We could never do anything, be anything or give anything great enough to get into heaven on our own! So with great love God made a way! He sent His one and only Son to this earth to take on our sin, die on a cross, and be buried in an earthly tomb to then RISE on the third day! Jesus didn’t have to choose the cross, but He loves us so much that he suffered for our sins! He conquered death and the grave, so that we can have eternal life with Him! The gift of eternal salvation through Him cost you absolutely nothing and once it’s received, no one can EVER take it away! He is right here, right now, waiting for you with arms open wide! He wants to hold you in His righteous right hand and carry you through all the mountain tops and valleys of your life! All you have to do is ask and you will receive Him!

If you know Him, my question for you is, are you really living your life trusting Him for everything? Are you resting in His hand or are you unsettled and wiggling around? Remember, He has conquered death and the grave to save the souls of man! He walks every step of this life with you! He is for you and not against you – so do not fear my friend! God does not promise a perfect life here on this earth, but He does promise to never leave you or forsake you! Are you giving Him all that He deserves of your heart, time and life? I challenge you as I have challenged myself, to take inventory of your spiritual walk. Where are you now? Where do you want to be? Where are you going?

SO…….

As I begin this new journey, I can’t promise perfection – surely there will be grammatical errors, misspellings, and ramblings & even “rabbit chasing” at times; but I do promise that I will share my heart as God leads through this blog! I’ve “started” writing so many times, but this time I am stepping out in faith with great vulnerability as I begin to share my story & testimony. Sometimes I will laugh, sometimes I will cry, but at all times I commit to share as He leads! I would love some friends to walk this journey with me and give me any input along the way, so here’s your invitation!

In my Savior’s sweet and precious love,

Holly

P.S. Please remember Penny and her two children in your prayers! She is an amazing lady who loves the Lord with her whole heart! Her strength in her husband’s passing has amazed me, challenged me and blessed me! She continues to minister to others in an incredible way through her grief! God commands us to love one another, so please lift her and her children up to Him every time her story comes to your mind! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment